Blanket Sleepers:A Love Story

                        It all started for me growing up in the "Frozen North", more specifically the northeastern US and even more specifically the suburban NY tristate area aka Westchester. Maybe it helped that I was born during the early half of the 1978-79 winter season,but I think I've always enjoyed wearing one-piece,footed blanket sleepers aka footed onesies.During my first year or two,even into the spring and summer of 1979 I wore footed onesies (albeit the lighter-weight,terry-cloth,snap-up onesies),as proved by the various pictures that my mother saved from that era.Since I was born in 1979 and therefore grew up in the 1980's,I wore mostly the popular footed onesies of that era,which were usually the ones made by or put out by Sears with the big-ass Winnie-the-Pooh left-chest appliques  from that era,made of this really thick,fuzzy,furry fabric called SEF (for self-extinguishing fabric), modacrylic,which is also called polyester-pile (as in very hairy,fuzzy, furry polyester),fabric/material.They were so soft,warm and comfy-cozy.
                                 
Unfortunately,my mother either never took or never saved any pictures of me in these Winnie-the-Pooh onesies during that time that I was wearing them (1981-84),but I knew that I wore them (I also wore these two-piece "grow" sleepers that obviously aren't onesies,but are certainly footsies;having built-in feet like a footed onesie/blanket sleeper). 

Comments